Monday, November 3, 2008

Client Showcase

Sorry for the delay! Christmas is around the corner and you know how it gets around here! Busy! Busy! Busy!

With each newsletter, we choose a client to be showcased. These clients are chosen because of their understanding of the importance of photography. This time we chose Judie Berry-Nix. You might recognize her from our Focused on a Cure campaign. She is a survivor, and an inspiring one, at that. Judie's husband, Rob, let her shave his head during their survivor portrait session, so that she wouldn't be self-conscious of having no hair. His genuine support made the portrait session an amazing experience to be a part of.



The following is her IP story:

Back in 1999, I wanted to surprise my husband for Father's Day with a portrait of the special women in his life. Tayla and I found matching outfits and had the best time of our lives. The portraits, to this day, reside in our family room.

Fast forward to 2003; my husband Rob and I are blessed with the birth of our second child. There is a seven year difference in the girl's ages. Hayden is now six years old. Rob and I think immediately that we must get Hayden’s portrait taken just as we did with Tayla. We’ve decided it’s a family ritual. Each girl must have the same pose and background.

Hayden and I went shopping for outfits. I let her pick the matching clothes, just as Tayla had done for hers. Tayla and I wore black dresses and overalls. Hayden decided we must be Cheetah girls!

To this day, friends and family are still in amazement that the girl’s pictures are framed next to each other with matching black dresses and the exact same background. If only Karen and her crew knew what this meant to me.

What Irresistible Portraits didn’t know was, during the new pictures, I was fighting breast cancer. For whatever reason they chose to take a picture of me and the girls and my mother-daughter portraits are my favorites! Seeing us all smiling means the world to me and gives me the strength to continue my fight and to be a role model to my girls. Yes, I am truly fighting an ugly illness, but Irresistible Portraits took all the pain away on that day and made it a truly beautiful day that I will always cherish.

Sincerely,
Judie Berry-Nix
Judie also has a blog of her own, where she keeps everyone updated on her battle against breast cancer. You can find the link to her blog on our Focused on a Cure blog! She’s a character. You’ll enjoy reading her stories!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home